Families looking for a sunny vacation south of the border will find lots to love in Los Cabos, where there are accommodations and activities perfect for a great getaway. Whether your family prefers to spend the day playing on a warm, sandy beach, hanging out around your own private pool at a villa rental, or a fun-filled itinerary of activities for every age group, Cabo caters to families and kids with a range of outstanding options.
Where to Stay: Villa Rentals
Nothing beats the comfort, privacy and value of a Los Cabos vacation rental when traveling with your family. Not only do you have all of the creature comforts of home and plenty of room to spread out, most villas come with amazing ocean views, gourmet kitchens, private swimming pools and a host of special extras to make your stay unforgettable. If you’re worried about missing out on resort-style perks, optional in-villa chef services and grocery pre-stocking (complete with a range of kid-friendly options) make it easy to enjoy great dining in your villa rental without spending your precious vacation time at the grocery store. In addition, you don’t have to worry about packing along baby equipment – convenient baby gear rentals including cribs, play pens, strollers, toys and more can be delivered right to your villa. And, if mom and dad need a date night out, professional babysitting services are available as well.
There are a range of family-friendly villa rentals in Los Cabos in a variety of locations and each featuring its own unique style and amenities.
- Villa Costa Brava (from $440/night, sleeps 7 +2 kids) is a charming 3-bedroom, 2-bath villa located in a small private development a short drive from downtown Cabo. This ranch-style villa features an inviting pool terrace with views of the Sea of Cortez, a hammock and a well-equipped kitchen. Best yet, it’s just a short stroll to a beautiful beach.
- Villa Isla (from $612/night, sleeps 12), offers gorgeous views of the Pacific Ocean and is located just minutes to downtown Cabo San Lucas in Pedregal, the most prestigious gated community in the area.
- Villa Tranquilidad (from $3,168/night, sleeps 14) boasts an incomparable combination of exceptional luxury, a stunning beachfront location in Puerto Los Cabos and plenty of space for an incredible family getaway or special celebration.
Where to Stay: Family-Friendly Resorts
Cabo’s home to some truly breathtaking resorts, with something for every vacationer. Families will love the variety of properties offering special amenities and services perfectly suited for them.
- Villa del Palmar Beach Resort (Spring Sale from $121/night plus kids 12 and under stay free, see link for details) remains a true family favorite. Among its offerings, guests will enjoy a whale-shaped water slide, a great Kids’ Club and attractive suites with well-equipped kitchenettes or full kitchens. Best yet, this resort directly overlooks wonderfully swimmable Médano Beach.
- All-inclusive Royal Solaris is located in San José del Cabo and boasts its own mini water park designed especially for kids, a playground and child-friendly activities.
- Featuring home-like comfort and a gorgeous location along a spectacular stretch of beachfront, the Casa del Mar Condos (rates from $115/night + 7th night free) come in a variety of spacious floor plans sleeping up to 6 guests in style and comfort. Relax around the swimming pool or take a long stroll on the sand.
See links for full details on rates & specials for villas & resorts.
Family-friendly Activities in Cabo
Once you’ve found the perfect place to stay on your family vacation in Cabo, it’s time to sleuth out some great activities for all ages.
- Cabo Dolphins is always a hit. This fun and educational program offers the opportunity to get up close and personal with friendly and intelligent Pacific bottlenose dolphins. Participants get to learn about the biology and conservation concerns of these marine mammals accompanied by informative guides.
- If you’re looking for something mellow, a day on Médano Beach is perfect for people watching, playing in the water and soaking up the sunshine. This long, scenic stretch of beach is lined with bustling beachfront restaurants and resorts and offers Cabo’s most swimmable waters with lovely views of Land’s End.
- Want to take in the sights from the water? Kids will love the Buccaneer Queen pirate ship cruise. This gorgeous tall ship features a variety of cruises as well as a swashbuckling show.
- To take in bird’s-eye views, families with older kids will love parasailing over Cabo San Lucas Bay or an exciting zip-line tour high above Cabo’s rugged desert canyons.
These are just a few of the many tours and activities available in Los Cabos.
Ready to plan your family vacation in Los Cabos? Contact us today or visit the links below to begin planning.