Updated October 8, 2021
Los Cabos is Open! Latest Travel Information
Los Cabos is open and welcoming visitors for fun-filled vacations with safety at the forefront. The region has implemented stringent safety measures, including enhanced sanitization, reduced capacity at activities, hotels, and restaurants. Los Cabos has partnered with travel providers to obtain a “Clean Point” certification (Punto Limpio) offered by the Mexico government regarding hygiene protocols and obtained a “Safe Travels” stamp of approval certified by the World Tourism & Travel Council (WTTC).
Our team of experienced Cabo Specialists is here to assist you.
For the latest updates in Los Cabos, Mexico please visit the following links:
- Los Cabos designated as world’s first Sharecare health security VERIFIED™ destination
- Baja Sur Earns “Safe Travels” Designation from WTTC
- Los Cabos Arrival / Departure Protocols (PDF)
- Los Cabos Airport Earns ACI Airport Health Accreditation (AHA)
- Safety During Holiday Travel to Los Cabos (PDF)
- Los Cabos With Care: Health & Safety Updates
- Traveling to Los Cabos Overview (PDF)
- Los Cabos Travel FAQs (PDF)
- Baja California Sur Governmental Updates
When you travel, use common sense precautions such as thorough hand washing, wear a face mask, and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing 60%–95% alcohol. Check with your airline for current policies.
How to get your COVID-19 test while visiting Los Cabos?
We are pleased to offer our villa guests the easy and convenient option of testing right at their vacation rental. Read More…
Here is a list of additional testing sites and answers to Frequently Asked Questions from the Los Cabos Tourism Board.
Who is required to show proof of a negative test prior to departure from Los Cabos? Travelers returning to the following destinations are required to show proof of a negative test prior to their departure from Los Cabos.
– Canada, effective as of January 7, 2021
– The United States, effective as of January 26, 2021
On Monday, September 20th, 2021, the U.S.’s Biden administration announced upcoming changes to travel policies impacting foreign visitors to the U.S. and American citizens returning to the U.S. that will go into effect early November 2021. Full details of the policy have not yet been released, but thus far indicate that:
• Foreign travelers to the U.S. will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination and proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of departure before boarding a U.S. bound airplane.
• Unvaccinated U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. from international destinations will be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within one day of departure before boarding a U.S. bound airplaine and test once again upon return to the U.S.
• Vaccinated U.S. citizens returning to the U.S. from international destinations will continue to be required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of departure before boarding a U.S. bound airplane.
Fully vaccinated international travelers will not be required to quarantine upon their arrival in the U.S. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will also require airlines to conduct contract tracing and collect information from all U.S.-bound travelers.
For properties in the La Paz area, please visit https://golapaz.com/Covid-testing-la-paz.pdf for testing options.
Please note, as a last resort only, a limited number of antigen tests will be available at the Los Cabos airport for approximately $25USD/person.
If you are a CBX cross border express traveler flying from Tijuana, a COVID-19 test may not be required prior to your return to the USA. See this link for more information
Please review latest requirements directly for your specific country. For other countries, please check with your local authorities.
With the safety of visitors of the highest importance, we’re proud to share that our Cabo concierge team and valued partners have earned the Punto Limpio (“Clean Point”) certification.
Our Clean Commitment
Our villas are cleaned and sanitized by professional staff to the highest standards to ensure your comfort and safety. Read More…
Plan the Perfect Getaway
Plan your next visit to Los Cabos – with the benefit of added flexibility for your travel plans! Enjoy the comfort and privacy of your own vacation rental. Allow our team to personalize your stay with in-villa services such as spa treatments, chef services, or grocery pre-stocking to enjoy in the sanctuary of your vacation rental. Cabo’s sunny beaches are waiting!
Offering Our Guests Flexibility
We’re offering flexible travel options for new and existing villa rental bookings. We understand clients may need to reschedule their travel dates and we’re happy to offer our villa guests the option of increased flexibility.
You may reschedule 21 days or more prior to your arrival date, with the same property and number of nights, for travel within one year of the original check-out date, subject to a $100 rescheduling fee. Rescheduled reservations are subject to availability and any applicable price increase for dates of stay. One (1) rescheduling per reservation is permitted. Note: Holiday and Limited Offer reservations may not be rescheduled.
Consider Travel Insurance
For added peace of mind, consider adding Cancel for Any Time travel insurance for your vacation. Coverage includes all the benefits of the standard coverage, plus the extra benefit of Cancel For Any Reason coverage, see more information at: Coverage Details.
Welcome Back: Cabo is Open for Business
For visitor safety, Los Cabos has implemented a phased reopening approach. Los Cabos is currently in Level 1 (Green) of the BCS phased reopening plan.
- Note: Face masks are required in all public spaces and activities
- Open: Indoor services, restaurants, and activities: at occupancy limit of approximately 1 person per 6.5 square feet
- Curfew of 2 AM
- Social distancing measures in place, including face masks
- Beaches at full capacity
- Flights: Flights to Los Cabos are operating from Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, Dallas, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Houston, and Chicago with airlines including American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Delta, Southwest, United Airlines, Jet Blue, Spirit Airlines – with new routes being added.
- Cabo Adventures
- Cabo Expeditions
- Cabo Sails open for private sailing trips, snorkeling trips
- Cuadra San Francisco Horseback Riding
- Pez Gato Catamaran
- Pisces Sportfishing fishing & yachts
- Rancho Carisuva
- Wild Canyon Adventures
- and more!
- Agave Handcrafted Kitchen
- Baja Brewing Company
- Baja Cantina
- Cabo Wabo Cantina restaurant service until 11 pm
- El Huerto
- Hacienda Cocina Reservations recommended
- La Lupita
- Los Tres Gallos
- Mango Deck 10am-8pm
- Mi Casa 5-10pm
- Squid Roe 9am -11 pm restaurant service
- Sunset Monalisa
- SUR Beach House
- The Office 7am – 10 pm
- and many more!
These favorites are only a few of the activities and restaurants currently reopened in Los Cabos. Please see links for the most current information.
Take a Virtual Vacation to Cabo!
Missing Los Cabos? Treat yourself to some much-needed vacation inspiration as you dream of the amazing trips in your not-so-distant future. Here are some ways to take an online getaway – right from your computer or phone: Take a Virtual Vacation…